Welcome to Blackburn College. We can’t wait to welcome you back to campus. Whilst we help you settle into life at Blackburn College we wanted to remind you of a few items.
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of COVID-19, even if they're mild:
- Do not attend Blackburn College
- Get a PCR test (test that is sent to a lab) to check if you have COVID-19 as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors (self-isolate) until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Hand-sanitiser and Hand Washing
Washing your hands and using hand-sanitiser helps control the virus spread. Please ensure you use hand-sanitiser regularly and when you enter our buildings and practise regular and thorough hand-washing.
When you start or return to your studies at Blackburn College you will not need to wear a mask during your lessons or when you move about our campus. Wearing a mask or a face covering is however, a personal preference and there may be circumstances when you feel more comfortable wearing a mask. If this applies to you, please feel free to continue to wear a mask. Replacement masks are available from the Beacon Centre reception.
Please respect others who wish to wear a mask in certain situations or whilst in College.
On-Site Testing and Home Testing Kits
You should ensure you perform two Lateral Flow tests before starting at College. Testing is available on site. From Monday 6th September from 9-1.30pm if you wish to have support with your test simply visit Food4Thought café in the Elizabeth Building.
We also have testing kits available for you to use at home. You should ensure you follow the instruction booklet and should ensure you log your results.
You can log your results here: https://www.blackburn.ac.uk/home-test-results/
And on the Government website here: https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
We will send you more information about vaccinations for 16-17 year olds in the coming days.
Until then – enjoy your studies!